The Medical Marijuana Registry is a confidential, statewide program that allows patients with qualifying, debilitating medical conditions
to receive a registry identification card for legal access to medical marijuana. Cards are available to Colorado residents and valid only in Colorado.
The Medical Marijuana Registry will only issue registry identification cards and maintain the database of registered patients. For questions about medical marijuana centers or caregiver cultivation sites please visit the Marijuana Enforcement Division
at the Department of Revenue
for more information.
To receive a medical marijuana registration card, you must:
1.) Review the list of qualifying conditions:
If you have one of the conditions listed, you may be eligible to receive medical marijuana.
2.) Visit a doctor
SEARCH FOR DOCTOR RECOMMENDATIONS HERE
- If you have a primary care physician covered by insurance, ask them first.
- Due to unfortunate controversy some doctors won’t write a recommendation, but many will. Just ask.
- If you don’t have a primary physician to write a medical marijuana recommendation, AMCH recommends a local Doctor’s office that is aware of the great healing value of cannabis which offers introductory visits for an affordable price.
- You can get the proper forms HERE, just make sure it is filled out completely without error.
Applications and Information
- Your application must include the following:
- Notarized Application Form
- Doctor’s Recommendation (See step 2)
4.) Come visit AMCH!
- Photocopy of Colorado ID
- If it isn’t a Colorado ID you will need proof of residency such as a local utility or cable bill in your name or a W-2 from your local employer.
- ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION
- $15 in check or money order made out CDPHE
- Send your application via certified mail to the CDPHE. For patients applying for the first time copies of the application form and the doctor’s recommendation along with the certified mail receipt are a valid temporary license for 35 days from the day you sent your application in.
- If you have not received your Red Card by the end of the 35 days, please contact the Medical Marijuana Registry to see if there were any problems.
- Whether you listed us as your provider or not we would still love to meet you and show you our facility. We carry a wide variety of flowers, edibles, concentrates, and topical from you to choose from. Our friendly staff is here ready to answer any questions you may have about cannabis or applying for your Red Card.
Applications are processed in the order they are received at the Registry. It takes about 35 days for complete, accurate application packets to be processed. Please contact The Registry
if you have not received a letter or your card within 35 days.